This project will consist of the rehabilitation of various elements of Huron River Drive Bridge including bridge deck replacement, substructure repairs, cleaning and coating of the superstructure and pavement milling and resurfacing surrounding the bridge.
Construction is scheduled to begin on Monday, September 14, 2020 and is expected to be substantially complete by Fall 2020 barring any unforeseen delays or inclement weather.
During construction, Huron River Drive will be closed to traffic between Haggerty Road to the west and Haggerty Road/South Metro Parkway to the East.
- Traffic traveling eastbound on Huron River Drive – Will be directed to take Main Street/Belleville Road north to eastbound I-94 to southbound Haggerty Road.
- Traffic traveling westbound on Huron River Drive – Will be directed to take Haggerty Road north to I-94 westbound to southbound Belleville Road/Main Street.
- Routes traveling through Lower Huron Metro Park required an annual or day pass.
Flaggers will be present as needed during the project. Please use caution when traveling through construction work zones.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Contact the 24 hour customer service center at 888 ROAD CREW
- Visit – www.waynecounty.com
- Residents and visitors can subscribe to email notifications of bridge updates, construction and maintenance updates and news in their communities via waynecounty.com (https://www.waynecounty.com/departments/publicservices/roads/road-construction-updates.aspx)