DTE will notify residents via a phone call and a letter explaining that DTE will be in the area trimming trees starting in 2021. The first step in the process is to plan the work. If a resident is not at home when DTE is evaluating the residents’ property (“planning the work”), DTE will leave a door hanger with contact information for the property owner.
Here is a map of the proposed 2021 tree trimming area in Van Buren Township.
Here are sample letters and door hangers that DTE will use during this process:
- Click here to view a copy of a letter that will be sent from DTE prior to the commencement of the DTE tree trimming.
- Click here to view the DTE “We Were Here” door hanger that will be left when residents are not home.
- Click here to view the DTE Work Authorization door hanger
- Click here to view the DTE “Tree Work Scheduled” door hanger
- Click here to view the Tree Removal Agreement
DTE also has information on Tree Trimming on the DTE website visit: dteenergy.com/treecare