CLICK HERE FOR THE 2020 TAX RATE INFORMATION
- Property taxes are based on the Taxable Value of your property multiplied by the Millage Rates levied by the various taxing units. These units include State, School, County and Township.
- To estimate your yearly property taxes, go to our property tax tables.
- Homestead Property Tax income tax credit
- The December 1st property tax statement will include County taxes and the Township’s local taxes. It will also include any special assessments. These are due and payable without interest until the last business day in February. For information on special assessments contact the Treasurer’s Office.
- On March 1st, delinquent real property taxes are turned over to the Wayne County Treasurer. All payments made after March 1st for delinquent real property must be paid to the Wayne County Treasurer. Payments for delinquent personal property are payable to Van Buren Township.
- The Treasurer’s office works in conjunction with over two hundred mortgage companies to ensure that your taxes are paid on time. To ensure that we have your correct mortgage company, please notify our office of any changes you may make during the year. Contact the Treasurer’s Office at (734) 699-8903 or via e-mail.
- Deferment of Summer Taxes: Application for Deferment of Summer Taxes
- Principle Residence Exemption (PRE): Principle Residence Exemption (PRE) Affidavit
Online Assessment, Property Tax and Permit Data