Building, Planning & Economic Development
Local businesses seeking to move shopping or dining outdoors, please apply today for a FREE Temporary Adaptive Outdoor Dining and Retail Application.
Regarding Planning and Economic Development Activities beginning May 7th, 2020 until further notice:
Since the spread of COVID-19 in Michigan and elsewhere, building, planning, and economic development functions are impacted by the need to mitigate public health risks. The majority of building, planning, and economic development activities can be completed remotely in coordination with the Building, Planning and Economic Development Department. The documents below contain information on how to proceed with your building, planning, and economic development needs:
- COVID-19 Planning and Economic Development Updates Guide (PDF)
- Return to Work Guidelines for Construction from the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity (PDF)
- Director of Planning & Economic Development: Dan Power
- Director of Public Services: Matthew Best
- Executive Assistant: Elizabeth Renaud
- Account Clerk: Tina Grishaber
- Account Clerk: Tammy Dohring
- Account Clerk: Deanna Murphy
- Building/Plumbing/Mechanical Inspector: Judy Fields
- Electrical inspections: The Township’s electrical permitting and inspection services are provided by using two electrical inspectors.
Prospective developers may request an optional meeting with staff to discuss the application requirements and process prior to submittal. To find out more information, view the Development Guide below, or call (734) 699-8913.
Customer Feedback Survey
Let us know how we’re doing! Share your experience with VBT Planning & Economic Development. Take the survey here.