Records (Police Reports/FOIA)
Phone: (734) 699-8939
Fax: (734) 699-6469
CUrrent Lobby hours
Police Department Lobby
46425 Tyler Rd.
Van Buren Township
Copies of Police Reports can be obtained from the Records Department.
- Photo ID must be presented at the time of your request
- If you need a copy of a police report that has occurred in the previous two years, the cost is $5 which includes the first 5 pages. There is an additional fee of $1 per page after the first 5.
- Police reports for incidents that occurred over two years ago are $10 for the first 5 pages with an additional fee of $1 per page after the first 5.
- Be aware that some reports may be redacted in order to protect other parties' privacy.
TRAFFIC CRASH REPORTs
Copies of traffic crash reports can be obtained online from the CLEMIS website: www.clemis.org. You will need to know your report number in order to obtain a copy of the report. These reports can also be obtained by submitting a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request form to the Records Department. If you do not know your report number, please contact the Records Office at (734) 699- 8939.
Freedom of Information Act (F.O.I.A.)
F.O.I.A. requests are obtained from the Records Department.
CLICK HERE FOR A FILLABLE F.O.I.A. FORM
- When requesting information under F.O.I.A. please be as specific as possible. Include the case report number, names, addresses, locations, and exact dates (if known).
- F.O.I.A. requests can take up to five days to process, and additional time may be needed depending on the volume of the requests. If extra time is needed you will be notified.
- Requests can be submitted via fax: (734) 699-6469
- Requests can be made via email by contacting Tina Harman: email@example.com. When sending email requests, please indicate "FOIA Request" in the subject line.
F.O.I.A. Form Please print this form and submit it to the Records Department located in the Police Lobby at 46425 Tyler Rd, Van Buren Township, MI. If you have any questions, please contact the records at: (734) 699 – 8939.