For general environmental complaints in the Township, please call 734-699-8913 to speak to the Department of Public Services.
AIR QUALITY CONCERNS
If you notice an air quality concern, such as a strong odor emanating from a facility in the Township or a large amount of smoke, please get in touch with the Township Department of Community Services at (734) 699-8926 during normal business hours (7:00 AM – 5:00 PM), Monday to Thursday or the Department of Public Safety at (734) 699-8930 outside of normal business hours. Township staff will then forward that information to the MDEQ or the appropriate agency for follow-up.
COUNTY & STATE ENVIRONMENTAL HOTLINES
24-Hour Environmental Hotline Wayne County: 888-223-2363
- The following are examples of some issues regulated by the environmental programs within the Department of Public Services:
- Drain maintenance, sewer maintenance, and industrial sewage discharges.
- Landfill, illegal dumping, soil runoff from construction sites, and other solid waste-related complaints.
- Water pollution and other water quality-related complaints
Michigan Department of Environmental Quality Pollution Emergency Alerting System Hotline: 800-292-4706
- To report Spills, Releases, or other Environmental Emergencies involving land, water, groundwater, wetlands, dams, landfills, hazardous or radioactive materials, mines, public drinking water, oil and gas wells, and nuclear power plants.