Van Buren Township

Gun Permits

License to Purchase:
Michigan law requires a "License To Purchase A Firearm" be obtained by individuals who do not have a valid Michigan Concealed Pistol License.

Those with a valid Michigan CPL are not required to obtain a License to Purchase a Firearm, but must use a Firearm Sales Record (Michigan State Police form – RI-060) when completing a firearms sale.

To obtain a License to Purchase a Firearm: 
  • Applicants must present valid identification at the time of application. 
  • Applicant's signature is required to be notarized. Complementary notaries for Van Buren residents are typically available at the police department Monday-Friday from 8AM-4PM. OR you may use any outside notary of your choice.
  • Licenses are required to be signed by an officer.

Sellers can return completed licenses and firearms sales records to the police department by mail, or in person at the front desk.