September Days Senior Center
(Phone : 734-699-8918 or 734-699-8919)
- Lynette Jordan, Director, email@example.com
- Pat McBride, Senior Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mikayla Schnettler, Senior Specialist, email@example.com
- Office Assistants
- Jean Boyd, Roberta Brezzell, Marvell Brown, Bonnie Hamill, Lee Herrmann, Lee Farmer, Vera Ireland, Pam Kaatz, Doris Marttila, Sandy Meyer, Betty Neill, Shirley Nowicki, Carol O’Keefe, Wanda Ritchey, Barbara Serri, Pat Sobecki, Margaret Thompson, Pat Tumas, Cheryl Williams
- Hidden Treasures Gift Shop
- Dorothy Bailey, Diane Ferguson, Bulah Hughes, Frances Hutchison, Clare King, Joan Shellito, Rosemarie Smith
- Dave Callahan, Henry Johnson, Melvin Moore, Beverly Porter
- Volunteer Drivers
- Linda Disney, Joyce Forest, Dave Harvieux, Charles Hutchison, Gary Marshall, Ed Meyer, Diane Pilisko, Ron Poniatowski, Harry Roesch, Alvesta Smith, Marlene Thomas, Kevin Walters, John Wasilenski, Beverly Williamson
- Nutrition Staff
Estelle Wilson – Site Manager
Wafa Balega, Gwen Bowman Else, Jim Foley, Bobbie Jones, Tom Luczak, Pat McAfee, Deborah Richards, Gary Slaughter, Dawn Thompson, Bryan Walters
- Newsletter Volunteers
Diane & Roger Ferguson, Eleanore Hendrickson, Lee Herrmann, Clare King, Janna Loechli, Doris Marttila, Don & Betty Pare, John J. Plona, Carol Shell, Joan Shellito, Pat Sobecki, Hubert & Sharon Stubbs, Richard & Lila Timm, Glenda Wright
- Special Thanks To
- To all that give of their time and talents for decorating the Senior Center and distribution of the surplus food
For information regarding Social Security, i.e. change of address, direct deposit, etc. call(1-800-772-1213).
A nutritious meal is served M-F at 11:30 am to persons 60 years and over or handicapped. Suggested donation of $3.00, (under 60 is $3.75). Please call 699-8920 by 12 noon on the previous day so that a meal can be ordered for you.
Surplus Food Commodities
Surplus Food Commodities are distributed on the third Thursday of the month to qualified registered Van Buren Charter Township residents. Please call 699-8918 for registration details and income guidelines.
Free Blood Pressure Screening is held every Monday. A registered nurse is on duty from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon.
Transportation Program for Senior Adults
Transportation is provided to and from the center and to scheduled shopping destinations. For more information call 699-8945.
Parties, pool, dance classes, exercise programs, crafts, ceramics, discussion groups and specialized classes. For a description of classes and programs please stop by the Senior Center and pick up information.
Hidden Treasures Gift Shop
Are you looking for a unique gift or something special for your own home? This is the place for you! Located in the Senior Center. (Shop closed for inventory in August)
- Monday – Friday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Focus:Hope Food For Seniors is available through September Days. Please call 699-8918 to register. Pick-up is on the 3rd Thursday of each month, from 12:00 to 3:00 pm. Contact the Senior Center for income guidelines.
Michigan Peer Review Organization
The Michigan Peer Review Organization (MPRO), is a non-profit, private organization comprised of doctors, nurses, and hospital administrators, designed to assist people with their medicare claims. This service is provided free of charge. If you feel that you are being asked to leave a hospital earlier than necessary ask for a notice in writing. This notice is called a “Notice of Non-Coverage.” MPRO is only able to help you if you have that notice. After receiving the notice you must call MPRO at 1-800-365-5899 by noon of the next business day. For more information, call the MPRO office.
The Senior Alliance is the designated Single Point of Access for the following programs and services:
Adult Day Care Services Housing Information
Caregiver Companion Guide Information & Assistance
Care Management Legal Assistance
Chore Services Long-Term Care Ombudsman
Chore Referral Outreach
Congregate Meals Personal Care
Elder Abuse Services Respite Care
EPIC Seniority News
Elder Support Senior Source-resource directory
Friendly Reassurance Transportation
Gatekeeper Vision Services
Health Screening Holiday Meals
Hearing Impaired Services Home Delivered Meals
Homemaker Services National Family Caregiver Support
Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program (MMAP)
**Most services are offered at no charge to older adults age 60 and over. Donations are encouraged and appreciated. You may call The Senior Alliance-Area Agency on Aging 1-C at (734) 722-2830 for information about any of these services.